TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You (the couple) are responsible for obtaining the relevant paperwork from the Department of Births, Deaths & Marriages (“BDM”) and providing this to me (Anesha Dhanji). You can apply for your license within three (3) months of the date of your wedding ceremony and there is a fee payable to BDM at the same time (currently $150.00). It is easiest if you have BDM email the documents to you which you can then forward straight on to me. If you prefer to receive the documents in hard copy, however you must provide these to me at least seven (7) days before your wedding ceremony. I will ensure your signed marriage license is returned to BDM as soon as practicable after your wedding ceremony.
2. There is no charge for our initial meeting/consultation. Fees for bespoke ceremonies and the ‘just get hitched’ package in Auckland are $520 and $250 respectively. Please note however that these fees may vary depending on a couple’s individual needs, location, dates and times and as set out in paragraphs 6 & 7 below. The costs will be discussed with the couple and confirmed to you in writing.
3. The fee for bespoke ceremonies includes my time to prepare your personalised ceremony, to meet/consult with you or your wedding party as many times as is needed, attend a rehearsal with you, attend and officiate your wedding ceremony, provide a copy of the ceremony to you and file your signed marriage license with BDM for registration by them.
4. ‘Just get hitched’ ceremonies are only available on weekday evenings (not public holidays), at the couple’s home or a public place and must have no more than eight (8) guests attending. This option provides a short (approximately ten (10) minutes), scripted ceremony with standard vows. No rehearsal or revision of the ceremony script is offered. I will provide a copy of the signed marriage license to the couple immediately after the wedding and ensure that the other copy is filed with BDM for registration by them.
5. To secure your wedding date a $150 deposit (or other amount at my discretion) must be paid to my nominated bank account (details below). The balance must be paid no later than ten (10) days prior to your wedding date.
Mrs Anesha Dhanji
Ref: [your full name]
6.Additional costs may be incurred (at my discretion):
a. For wedding ceremony’s outside the Auckland region. Any mileage will be charged at the current IRD rate for self-employed people; and
b. If your wedding ceremony begins more than thirty (30) minutes later than the agreed start time. Time will be charged at a rate of $50 per half hour (or part half-hour). This amount is payable within seven (7) days of your wedding date.
7. If you cancel or change the booking less than three (3) days before the wedding ceremony, the full agreed fee for your wedding ceremony is payable.
8. To assist me in creating your personalised wedding ceremony you agree to provide all information requested within a timeframe specified by me. Any information you provide to me is strictly confidential. I will not use or distribute your information for any purpose or to any third parties without your prior consent.
9. The wedding ceremony I create for you belongs to me in accordance with the Copyright Act 1994. You may use the ceremony for your own personal use but cannot otherwise distribute or disseminate the ceremony to any third parties without my prior written consent.
10. I will arrive at your wedding venue at least thirty minutes prior to your wedding ceremony beginning (fifteen minutes for ‘just get hitched’ ceremonies). In the unlikely event I am required to cancel your booking due to illness, emergency or other unforeseen circumstances, I will use my best endeavours to find a replacement to officiate for you.
11. You allow me to use any photographs, videos, testimonials and the ceremony itself for publicity purposes, including but not limited to use on my Facebook page, website or Instagram account.
12. You agree to release me from all liability from any claims whatsoever and for any losses, whether direct or indirect, arising from this booking. Any liability by me arising from such losses is limited to the total fees invoiced and charged to you.
13. Any agreed variation to the above terms will be confirmed to you in writing by me.
Celebrant registration # 37693